Wednesday, January 09, 2019

That's A Wrap on The Promotion!

The Promotion has wrapped! It was not without its challenges, which, if you know the history of my films, tends to be a good thing.

The first challenge was our lead actor backed out the morning after Christmas. I had to work my day job (for the first time in 9 years after Christmas), so I was panicked. Luckily, my partner (and new Producer!) Michelle helped me out and we brought Adam on board.

The second challenge was location - longtime friend, DP and co-producer Bryan Schaefer lined up his company facility for us to shoot at. His father, who technically still owns the company - would be gone until after the New Year, so we had the run of the office, the bar and the production plant.

So of course, once we are there, Bryan's dad is there and needs to finish some work before NYE. We had the cast  and crew there and no place to shoot.

Fortunately, Bryan has a big basement and lives within 10 minutes of the plant, so we all went there and had a great first day of shooting.

The rest of the shoot went well, despite having cramped areas and some lighting challenges. I had to make compromises for the fight choreography, but thanks to the actors, they made it better than I imagined.

I have begun editing the film, and hope to have it completed by mid-spring, with the film premiering in Lancaster around that time. Bryan has told me that there's a good chance it'll play at the Lancaster International Short Film Festival, which will be a great thing.

Below are some photos of the shoot. Keep an eye out for more updates.

Brian Shertz hamming it up.

 We had to use Brian's blue shirt for color balance.


 Poor Kaylin had to apply so much powder for lighting. She didn't mind. She said her forehead is so big, it's really a five- or six-head.

The cast and (most of) the crew. I can't thank them enough for the wonderful job!

No comments: