Sunday, January 12, 2020

A New Year...And a New Film!

2019 is in the rearview mirror and we are now into what many online are calling the Roaring 20s. With the new year comes a new beginning, and for us here at Stunod Pictures, a new film!

Over the holiday break, we shot a short film titled Sources Say. It's a look at bullying in the corporate world. It is the first film I've made in a long while without the help of my longtime producing partner, Bryan Schaefer, who was not available for personal reasons. And my other producing partner, Trevor Stynes, a fixture in front of the camera, had to back out for a family emergency.

I had the talents of my partner in life and in film, Michelle Kreeger, who helped me put this film together. We were able to use her office and off-street parking lot for the entirety of production. Adam McAllister, star of The Promotion, snagged two actors for the role, helping out on the casting side.

The biggest change for me is on the technical side: Cameras! Michelle got me two Canon EOS t4i Rebel DSLR cameras as a gift. Not only could I know shoot in 1080P video, but I can cut shoot time down by having two cameras going at once. Utilizing multiple cameras on Brogue enabled me to shoot the entire film in six hours, and I hoped to cut down my shooting time on Sources Say. To my delight, I saved a half day of shooting as a result.

This film was not without its roadblocks, however, which bodes well for the film. A few days before shooting, co-star Rob Myers, who was slated to play the antagonist, the Boss, had to reduce his role. Fortunately, David Clayton pegged to play the Designer, was prepared enough to switch places with Rob. They both did excellent work.

As I type this, I am taking a break from editing the film. Below are ten behind the scenes pictures of the film, taken by Jeneh Bangura, wife of co-star Gibril. I am excited to share these with you, and I look forward to sharing the completed project!









No comments: